Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r31654 - nmap/nsock/src
From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 13:34:10 +0200

2013/8/6 Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>:
Log:
Include "nbase.h" for __attribute__ define on Windows.

I needed this on Visual C++ 2010 on Windows XP.

Must come from r31600. Sorry for the regression... We should consider
having a (hudson?) build farm at some point maybe.

Or just take the patches from Windows users seriously.
The Windows port has fallen behind the last years.
Some of the test programs doesn't even link with MSVC. E.g. a simple rogram
like test-cmdline-split.c uses stuff from ncat_posix.c. It was easy to fix.

--gv

AFAIK, this "simple program" is not meant to run under Windows - flick
through the code and you'll se that test-cmdline-split.c is an Ncat
test for a function only usedf in POSIX code, so I guess it makes
sense use ncat_posix.c code here ;) Are there any other examples of
Windows port "falling behind" in Ncat?