Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Call for test: WinPcap 4.1.4 (NPcap 1.0.0)
From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 14:20:26 +0200

Hi Yang,

I tried out your Npcap and I have no good news - it failed to work for
me. I'm no Windows expert, so I'll just copy over the installation log
and the error message Nmap gave me when I tried to run it after
testing:

Output folder: C:\Windows\system32
Extract: pthreadVC.dll
Extract: wpcap.dll
Windows CurrentVersion: 6.1
Extract: Packet.dll
Output folder: C:\Program Files\WinPcap
Extract: rpcapd.exe
Extract: LICENSE
Extract: NPF6xInstall.exe
Extract: npf6x.sys
Extract: npf6x.inf
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\WinPcap\uninstall.exe
Installing NDIS6.x x64 driver for Win7 and Win8
Output folder: C:\Windows\system32\drivers
Output folder: C:\Windows\system32
Extract: wpcap.dll
Extract: Packet.dll
Execute: "C:\Program Files\WinPcap\NPF6xInstall.exe" -i
Failed to create the npf service for Win7 and Win8
Completed

And the Nmap error:

dnet: Failed to open device eth0
QUITTING!

Restoring WinPcap fixed the problem. Let me know how can I help you
track down the issue.

Yours,
Jacek Wielemborek