Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] nsock/tests/tests_main.c
From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 22:23:22 +0200

Hello,

2013/8/7 Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>:
"Gisle Vanem" <gvanem () broadpark no> wrote:

simple tcp connection                           Socket troubles: No error
Assertion failed: sd >= 0, file engine_select.c, line 353

The assert() is also a non-portable issue with WinPcap; it doesn't
have a selectable pcap structure or something.

No it wasn't that. Simply that WSAStartup() wasn't called. That could
go into a local win_init() that sets up the WinConsole.

Could you send it as a patch?

BTW. the nsock/tests/*.c files has stuff like:

const struct test_case TestConnectTCP = {
  .t_name     = "simple tcp connection",
  .t_setup    = connect_setup,
  .t_run      = connect_tcp,
  .t_teardown = connect_teardown
};

This C99 (?) feature doesn't work with my MSVC v16. (it works for MingW-gcc
though). Would it hurt that we rewrite this
as:

const struct test_case TestConnectTCP = {
 /* .t_name     = */ "simple tcp connection",
 /* .t_setup    = */ connect_setup,
 /* .t_run      = */ connect_tcp,
 /* .t_teardown = */ connect_teardown

};

--gv
I know, and it's a pity because these designated initializers are so
nice... But can the nsock test suite be compiled using MSVC? There's
no project file nor anything. I'd be fine changing it if someone works
on it, but I'd rather have a use case when making platform-related
changes.

Regards

--
Henri