mailing list archives
[NSE] New library: formulas.lua
From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 01:17:59 +0300
I think NSE lacks of a library that holds various formula functions and i can
think of some cases where this may come in handy:
- Generating stats and metrics. For example, we could find out what percentage of
hosts were affected by a vulnerability.
- Calculating randomness. Are the SESSION ids or cookies of this app random
- Calculating entropy. We could determine if this is a strong token / password.
- More complicated math, like Gaussian distributions or Bayes formula may also
be interesting for some scripts.
Since Lua doesn't seem to have an advanced math library, NSE could maintain its
own. What do you think?
I've already created formulas.lua (it is attached) that contains calcPwdEntropy
to caclulate a password's entropy and looksRandom that returns true if the given
value looks random.
If you do have a function that fits in this library, let me know to add it.
Sent through the dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- [NSE] New library: formulas.lua George Chatzisofroniou (Aug 16)