mailing list archives
Yang's status report - #11 of 16
From: "veotax" <hsluoyz () qq com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 02:19:42 +0800
Here's my status report for week #11.
I have removed most of the bugs for the WinPcap 4.1.3 for Nmap (NPcap 1.1) this week. The new NPcap can be normally ran
under Windows7 x86/x64 and Windows 8 x86. It's strange that there's still something wrong with the Windows 8 x64
environment, all these platforms need your tests!
The installer of version 1.1 adopts the NDIS Filter technique (LWF), the 1.0 one uses the NDIS Protocol technique. They
differ in many aspects. Therefore, maybe you can find more and new bugs on 1.1 version compared to 1.0 version. Of
course, this 1.1 version is also signed as an Insecure.Com LLC product, so you guys do not need to enter the test mode
The bug I encountered now is that one routine function "FilterAttach" of NPcap is not called under Win8 x64. It behaves
differently with Win7 and Win8 x86, which is so strange. I am still fixing it here.
The installer only:
The entire code base:
* Removed most bugs of the filter driver.
* Studied on why the "FilterAttach" routine is not called, while not much progress. I already posted my questions on
* Signed the .sys and .exe files with the Insecure.Com license.
* Remove the remaining bug of Windows 8 x64 and other bugs.
* Have a meeting with my mentor for the next step.
Sent through the dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Yang's status report - #11 of 16 veotax (Aug 19)