mailing list archives
Yang's status report - #12 of 16
From: "veotax" <hsluoyz () qq com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 03:18:07 +0800
Here's my status report for week #12.
I prepared and finished my mid-term master essay defense last week. The result is a pass.
I have removed the "PacketFilter" bug with the help of Jeffery Tippet, a guy from MSFT, this change makes the
"promiscuous mode" and "non-promiscuous mode" of the NPcap more accurate than that of the original WinPcap.
Also the bug of showing "system error 2" when running "net start npf" is also removed.
I bought a wireless net adapter and tested the wireless capture function of WinPcap. Test result shows that the current
NPcap can work well (even capture more 802.11 packets than before theoretically).
The bug I am stuck at now is that one routine function "FilterAttach" of NPcap is not called under Win8 and even some
Win7 (d33tah found it).
The entire code base:
* Communicated with Jeffery Tippet.
* Removed some bugs of the filter driver.
* finished the mid-term essay defense.
* Studied on why the "FilterAttach" routine is not called, while not much progress. Waiting for Jeffery's answer.
* Remove the remaining bugs
* Have a meeting with my mentor for the next step.
Sent through the dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Yang's status report - #12 of 16 veotax (Aug 26)