mailing list archives
Yang's status report - #14 of 16
From: "veotax" <hsluoyz () qq com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 02:00:57 +0800
Here's my status report for week #14.
Happy to say that some bugs have been removed this week. And the new release is tested by some testers including my
labmates. I have tested the release with several days and no bsod happened. So it is more like a stable version now
than ever before.
I also did some performance test between the original winpcap and our winpcap, the benchmark result is shown in the
I used the same machine to transmit a file of 970MB size. The only difference is the winpcap version. I chose the most
significant comparision in multiple experiments so you guys could see the result more clearly. GV of WinPcap also tends
to a LWF-version WinPcap, so this won't be a problem porting WinPcap from NDIS5.0 intermediate to NDIS6.x LWF..
Also I wrote some comments to clarify my ideas when dealing with the adapter binding context issue. I used the same
comment styles in order to keep pace with the winpcap guys.
The entire code base:
The installer only:
* Removed some bugs.
* Performance benchmark test between original WinPcap and WinPcap for Nmap.
* Wrote comments for the new WinPcap.
* Write comments for NPcap.
* Persuade WinPcap team to adopt the WinPcap for Nmap as their new release.
* Have a meeting with my mentor for the next step.
Sent through the dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Yang's status report - #14 of 16 veotax (Sep 09)