mailing list archives
Yang's status report - #6 of 16
From: "veotax" <hsluoyz () qq com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 03:22:54 +0800
Hi everyone,Here's my status report for week #6.
Last week I have corrected some bugs in NPcap. So the driver can be debugged under both Win7 and Win8 now. In original
WinPcap sourcecode, function NdisOpenAdapter is called by NPF_OpenAdapter in Openclos.c. I translated it to
NdisOpenAdapterEx for NDIS 6.0. But I cannot find a way to set the 4th parameter BindContext. The delcaration of
NdisOpenAdapterEx can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff563715(v=vs.85).aspx
I have posted a thread in StackOverFlow and got some very valuable responses. This will be my next week's
Moreover, NDIS6.0 has strictly required the protocol driver to be installed with a inf file. So the original non-inf
way of installing driver need to be updated, I developed the installation code and have already integrated it with
packet.dll project. Accomplishments:
* Compiled the protocol driver example ndisprot in WDK7600 and WDK8.0, found that the WDF project of WDK8.0 will impede
the driver's normal running and debugging under Win7. Also Correct some bugs for NPcap driver, including a memory pool
release bug which causes BSOD,
* A new driver installation method with inf file support is developed and integrated into packet.dll.
* Got to know enough about the the NdisOpenAdapterEx issue and figured out a way to solve this.
* Solve the NdisOpenAdapterEx problem and remove other bugs in the current NPcap.
* Learn about the LWF driver, and see if a LWF driver is a better choice than a protocol driver.
* Have a meeting with my mentor for the next step.
Cheers, Yang Luo http://veotax.com
Sent through the dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Yang's status report - #6 of 16 veotax (Jul 15)