Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 5.50 script engine error
From: "Bellingar, Richard J. (RET-DAY)" <Rick.Bellingar () reedelsevier com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:57:13 +0000

I read Manuel Pelaez' 7/20 post in the ISC Diary "Do you have rogue Internet gateways in your network? Check it with
nmap", tried it and found I didn't have ip-forwarding.nse. Downloaded it, and now I'm getting -

Starting Nmap 5.50 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2013-07-22 14:32 EDT
NSE: failed to initialize the script engine:
/usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:378: /usr/share/nmap/scripts/ip-forwarding.nse:39: variable 'SCRIPT_NAME' is not declared
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'assert'
        /usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:378: in function 'new'
        /usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:574: in function 'get_chosen_scripts'
        /usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:990: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

QUITTING!

Where is this declaration to be made? In scripts.db?

Rick

The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt
to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it.

John Stuart Mill, 1859