Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Want to work on updating libpcap included in nmap
From: "Gisle Vanem" <gvanem () yahoo no>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:46:23 +0100

"Jay Bosamiya" <jaybosamiya () gmail com> wrote:

In regards to my previous mail (about working on libpcap), the given
patches do NOT work directly. However, I can rewrite them to give same
functionality and make them work.

You should ignore the diffs in libpcap/NMAP_MODIFICATIONS and take
a look at the official libpcap git-repo [1] itself. Then you'll see the diffs
are much larger. A simple check done here now (run diff from nmap's base):

 diff -r  -u3 libpcap g:\MingW32\src\inet\nmap\libpcap | wc -n
29004   << !!   But this includes the generated Yacc/Lex files.

Anyway, good luck.
[1] git://bpf.tcpdump.org/libpcap

--gv