Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Want to work on updating libpcap included in nmap
From: Jay Bosamiya <jaybosamiya () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 19:18:15 +0530

I understand that the diffs are much larger, but if I ignore the diffs in
libpcap/NMAP_MODIFICATIONS, how will i know even which direction to move in
to make the update?

Does it make more sense if I only take into consideration the (helpful)
titles given to the diffs, and then work on the patches? Will this be
sufficient?

Also, how will I know when the patches I've made are exactly what is
required for nmap? Can I run a set of tests etc.?

I tried looking for answers to these questions in multiple places but
couldn't find any. Is there any place where there is something like a FAQ
for devs?

Thanks.