Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 OS Scan [GSoC' 14]
From: "Mathias Morbitzer" <m.morbitzer () runbox com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 22:42:56 +0100 (CET)

HI Sriharsha,

On the 17th of March, I will be giving a talk at the Troopers14 conference called "Remote OS detection in IPv6", in
which I will give some ideas I had for performing OS fingerprinting with the new possibilities we have in IPv6.

It would be great to see some of those ending up in Nmap. Since I wanted to implement some things anyway,  maybe we can
have a discussion after the conference to see which ideas would be useful to be implemented and which would not. I
don't know when I will have the time to do the implementation, so it is nice to hear that we might be able to team up.

I will send my slides after the talk, since I do not want to spoil the fun for the attendees ;) (and because they are
not finished yet)

Cheers,
Mathias