Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap GSOC 2104
From: Rashmi Raghunandan <rashmi.raghunandan93 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 22:21:08 +0530

Hi,
  I'm Rashmi Raghunandan.I introduced myself a couple of days ago and
expressed my interest in the zenmap GUI development.
As I understood, the GUI needed some amount of redesign to make it more
user friendly and also visually more appealing.
As of now, my attempts have been towards making it more user friendly. I
have attached a picture of a very basic layout that I had in mind.
This page is a second screen got on clicking a new scan button.
Apart from reordering the screen, few extra features I had in mind are:
1. The percentage scan completion bar
2. A list of commands on the right. On hovering over these commands,a
description of the command appears.
3. A small description of command below the command bar.
4.A self learning profile selector. This drop down also has the create
profile option.
5. the buttons at the bottom for topology etc will result in a change in
the lower division of screen similar to the existing zenmap feature.

All though the version I have attached is a very rough sketch, I have a few
ideas to make it visually appealing too.

I wanted some opinion about whether I am proceeding in the right direction
or I need to make some changes.

Regards,
Rashmi Raghunandan