Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Script submission: targets-ipv6-wordy
From: Everardo Padilla Saca <everardo.padilla.saca () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 18:31:25 -0600

Hi list,

Being influenced by Raul Fuentes' work, I have created a script that
generates IPv6 addresses using known words (including l33t sp34k) and then
pipes them to Nmap. Given a base IPv6 address and the chosen segments to
"wordify", the script will generate all the possible combinations with
words taken from a list.

A segment is any 4-nibble part of a hex IPv6 address. Consider the
following example:
- Base address = 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0001 (caveat: this must
have all the 32 nibbles and their respective colons).
- Segments = 7,8
- Wordlist = nselib/data/hex-wordy-en.lst

The file hex-wordy-en.lst contains:
c001
50fa

The generated addresses will be:
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:50fa:50fa
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:c001:50fa
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:50fa:c001
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:c001:c001

If the wordlist has N entries and the number of segments is M, the
generated addresses will be N^M.

I'm fairly new to Lua and NSE, so I would appreciate suggestions and/or
feedback. Thanks!

Regards.