Home page logo
/

oss-sec logo oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: vsftpd download backdoored
From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 21:25:38 +0400

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 06:56:57PM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
IIRC for such backdoored downloads CVE IDs were assigned in the past
to properly track the status of distributions providing the affected
piece of code.

I suspect that no distributions provide the affected code this time.
So if affected distributions is the only reason for CVE ID assignment in
this case, it might make sense to postpone CVE ID allocation until we
learn of an affected distribution (which we probably won't).

Alexander

  By Date           By Thread