Home page logo
/

oss-sec logo oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: vulnerability in FreeRADIUS (OCSP)
From: dfncert () dfn-cert de
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:28:17 +0200

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 03:13:00PM +0200, Tomas Hoger wrote:

Are the published information sufficient to get a CVE number for the
issue?

Was your intention to request a CVE for a still-to-remain-non-public
issue to be disclosed in the future, or actually make the issue public?

We plan to make the issue public as soon as we have a CVE and can publish
our advisory. However, almost every detail of the vulnerability has been
already discussed on this list.

Thus, the patch does not reveal any further aspects of the vulnerability and
the only reason that we do not want to publish it publicly is that the fact
that it may be incomplete and/or introduce side effects because we do
not have a complete test environment.

I'm CCing upstream (Alan DeKok), as it seems this thread may be giving
out more info than expected.  Alan, this is part of the following

Good idea.

p.s.
Please include us in CC since we are not subscribed on the list.

--
DFN-CERT Services GmbH, https://www.dfn-cert.de/, Phone +49 40 808077-555
Sitz/Register: Hamburg,  AG Hamburg,  HRB 88805,  Ust-IdNr.: DE 232129737

  By Date           By Thread