Home page logo
/

oss-sec logo oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE requests; issues fixed in MySQL 5.1.52
From: Jan Lieskovsky <jlieskov () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 16:04:05 +0200

Hello Steve,

since assuming lack of further information is the fact, which is preventing CVE identifiers to be assigned to these issue, attached below is the list of the issues from set, corrected in MySQL-v5.1.52 release, which would be interesting from security point of view
(MySQL-v5.1.52-review.txt).

The rest of the v5.1.52 corrections does not seem to have security implications.

Also, from the time, when MySQL-v5.1.52 has been released, couple of
newer versions has been released too:
1) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-53.html
2) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-54.html
3) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-55.html
4) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-55.html
5) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-56.html
6) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-57.html

And the two not released yet:
7) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-58.html
8) http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-59.html

But prior requesting CVE ids for these, I will first review the lists
in 1) up to 8) and select only those, which might be interesting from security point of view. Once the review is done, would attach another
similar review document, like the one attached below.

For now it would be sufficient if you could allocate CVE ids for
those v5.1.52 issues.

Hope this being helpful && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Response Team

On 07/12/2011 08:27 PM, Josh Bressers wrote:
Did these ever get IDs? I've been away and don't want to dupe these.

Thanks.