Home page logo
/

oss-sec logo oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE requests: Two kernel issues
From: Eugene Teo <eugene () redhat com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:31:26 +0800

On 08/11/2011 01:23 AM, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 06:49:59AM +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
On 08/10/2011 04:42 AM, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
Hi,
the following two issues also seem to warrant a CVE assignment:

1. staging: comedi: fix infoleak to userspace
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=819cbb120eaec7e014e5abd029260db1ca8c5735

(It's a staging driver and I'm unsure whether we have assigned
 CVE IDs for staging drivers in the past. OTOH, this driver
 is enabled in the Debian 6.0 kernel)

We don't as code from the staging drivers are usually are substandard
and usually not supported.

I agree on that approach for new drivers in the works (e.g. gma500), but
the Comedi driver is quite old and in use outside the kernel/staging
version as well. (Debian is providing a separate comedi source package
since 2002.).

Please use CVE-2011-2909.

Btw, can you please mail me a copy of the /boot/config of the most
recent Debian kernel for my reference?

Please let me know if you need anything in addition to the files
Yves-Alexis sent you.

I didn't receive his mail.

Eugene

  By Date           By Thread