Home page logo
/

oss-sec logo oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: XSSer v1.6 -beta- aka "Grey Swarm!" released.
From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 04:11:51 +0400

All -

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 12:47:56AM +0100, psy wrote:
There is released a new version of *XSSer* (v1.6-beta-) - the cross site
scripter framework.

We do not have a strict policy on whether security tool announcements
are appropriate in here or not.  My current stance on it is that
one-time announcements of tools with specific relevance to Open Source
are OK, whereas repeated new version announcements are not.  Thus, I
approved the announcement of XSSer this one time, but I don't intend to
approve an announcement of the next version of XSSer.  Please let me
know if you'd like this approach changed in some way.

Meanwhile, the various CFPs and e-magazine issue announcements that are
arriving to oss-security are being rejected - as we decided previously.

Alexander

  By Date           By Thread