Home page logo
/

oss-sec logo oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE-request: golismero symlink vulnerability
From: Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:28:21 +0200

User-triggered update-mechanism is vulnerable to symlink-attack in all GoLismero-versions before revision 2b3bb43d6867.
Vulnerable code was in ./libs/updater.py, which I rewrote.

Vulnerable versions:
- GoLISMERO_last.zip (Nov 14, 2011)
- GoLISMERO_v0.6.3.zip (Nov 9, 2011)
- All Git-revisions before 2b3bb43d6867

Reported to author: 2011-11-17
Fixed by me: 2012-01-17
Link to the commit: http://code.google.com/p/golismero/source/detail?r=2b3bb43d68676efd687361f7de29380189031ab8

I fixed this, because developer had lack of time. I am asking for CVE, because this software is used in backtrack where
golismero is executed as root-user.

Should get 2012 ID as this was publicly announced 2012-01-17. I haven't read all the code yet so there might be other
issues too. I am not the original developer, but helped a bit after I found this vulnerability.

- Henri Salo

  By Date           By Thread