mailing list archives
Pre-advisory for Konqueror 4.7.3 (other versions may be affected)
From: Tim Brown <timb () nth-dimension org uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 23:12:25 +0100
Taken from NDSA20121010:
This advisory comes in 4 related parts:
1) The Konqueror web browser is vulnerable to type confusion
leading to memory disclosure. The root cause of this is the
same as CVE-2010-0046 reported by Chris Rohlf which affected
2) The Konqueror web browser is vulnerable to an out of bounds
memory access when accessing the canvas. In this case the
vulnerability was identified whilst playing with bug #43813 from
Google's Chrome repository.
3) The Konqueror web browser is vulnerable to a NULL pointer
dereference leading to a crash.
4) The Konqueror web browser is vulnerable to a "use-after-free"
class flaw when the context menu is used whilst the document
These flaws were identified during an analysis of previously
reported vulnerabilities that affected Google's Chrome web
browser. It is believed that only vulnerability 1 is/was common
to the two code bases.
I'm pre-advising on these flaws since I've not heard anything from the KDE
project in about 8 months regarding 3 and 4 and we are aware that 1 and 2 have
been fixed. I'll give it 7 days and then drop technical details. Vendors with
an interest can contact me off list.
<mailto:timb () nth-dimension org uk>
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
- Pre-advisory for Konqueror 4.7.3 (other versions may be affected) Tim Brown (Oct 10)