Home page logo
/

oss-sec logo oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Security vulnerability tools
From: Murray McAllister <mmcallis () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:20:40 +1100

On 03/28/2013 06:54 AM, Corey Bryant wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to get a better understanding of tools used in the open source
community (kernel and user space) to detect security vulnerabilities.

I have a list below to get started.  If anyone has any input, I'd
appreciate it!

I'll plan on updating http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/tools with
anything it doesn't already have.

Hi,

I am sometimes using Splint. From http://www.splint.org/ "Splint is a tool for statically checking C programs for security vulnerabilities and coding mistakes. With minimal effort, Splint can be used as a better lint. If additional effort is invested adding annotations to programs, Splint can perform stronger checking than can be done by any standard lint."

Cheers.

  By Date           By Thread