mailing list archives
ASUS WL-500gP V2 Bricked - FIXED
From: CDumont at nwnit.com (Cody Dumont)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 10:57:15 -0400
Thanks to PJ McGarvey...
You r link pointed me in the right direction. The fix was to do the OLEG restore proceedure:
3. Any ASUS Firmware (I used WL500gpv2_220.127.116.11_TW.trx)
Here is the full procedure..
1. power off
2. Press and hold RESET button
4. wait till Power LED flashes (5 seconds or so), release RESET Button
5. Push wl500g-clear-nvram.trx via tftp
6. wait 2 or 3 minutes...I am not sure why...but very critical....
7. remove power
8. Press and hold RESET button
10. wait till Power LED flashes (5 seconds or so), release RESET Button
11. Push wl500g-recover.trx via tftp
12. wait 2 or 3 minutes...I am not sure why...but very critical....
13. remove power
14. Press and hold RESET button
16. wait till Power LED flashes (5 seconds or so), release RESET Button
17. Push ASUS firmware (WL500gpv2_18.104.22.168_TW.trx) via tftp
18. wait 2 or 3 minutes...I am not sure why...but very critical....
19. remove power, replace power
20. watch the LED...once the AIR and Power LED start to blink... You are All GOOD.
Note: This message and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, legally privileged, confidential, and/or exempt
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the original sender immediately by telephone or return email and destroy or delete this message
along with any attachments immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
- ASUS WL-500gP V2 Bricked - FIXED Cody Dumont (Apr 18)