Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

MAC OS X Security and Virtualization security tips
From: mick at pauldotcom.com (Michael Douglas)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:19:03 -0400

I went with VMFusion for two reasons
1) the SANS class I was mentoring heavily relied on VMs that were
built for VMWare and I liked the no fuss ability to just use them.
2) Unity = awesomesauce.  It lets you run VMs in the background and
run the application in question "in" the host OS.  I really freak out
the windows admins whenever they see MMCs running in OSX.

There's a really darn good guide here:
Warning it's a PDF
http://www.cisecurity.org/tools2/osx/CIS_MacOSX_10.5_Benchmark_v1.0.pdf

Let us know if you have other questions.  I'm no fan boy, but so far
my macbook's been OKish.

Everyone else who has a Mac, please speak up.  What sort of stuffs do
you do (other than pr0n) with your mac!  ;-)

- Mick