Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

MAC OS X Security and Virtualization security tips
From: raffi at flossyourmind.com (Raffi Jamgotchian)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:25:11 -0400

ditto

On Jun 15, 2009, at 9:58 PM, Paul Asadoorian wrote:

Just my $.02, the decision for me to use VMware Fusion had nothing
to do
with stability or performance, and everything to do with
compatibility.
I can use/create VMs and share them with all my other instances of
VMware workstation and server.  Also, I can go to the virtual
marketplace and download all sorts of systems to hack :)  Others may
have Vmware support, but just felt better to run VMware's software.

Cheers,
Paul

mike p wrote:
Getting a new MAC intel laptop and looking for security tips from
the pros.

I found
http://www.macgeekery.com/tips/security/basic_mac_os_x_security

If others can share good tips or other links, please send them our
way!

BTW, I do plan on using either VirtualBox or Parallels (seemed much
faster than Fusion in the Apple Store) - so any Virtualization
security
tips are also appreciated.

Thanks for any help.
- Mike P.