Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Archived Exchange Security Email List to Some Readable Format
From: josholson at gmail.com (Josh Olson)
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:32:29 -0400

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Grecs<grecs at novainfosecportal.com> wrote:
At work we have someone who has several years of messages archived
from an internal security Exchange distro list. Now someone wants to
somehow convert all the messages of the PST file into some easily
navigatable and searchable archive. I was thinking something like
trying to get all the messages into something like mailman. Ideas,
thoughts, solutions?

Outlook has the ability to "Export to a file" of the following types:

Comma Separated Values (DOS)
Comma Separated Values (Windows)
Access 97-2003
Excel 97-2003
PST
Tab Separated Values (DOS)
Tab Separated Values (Windows)

I would probably start by importing the PST into Outlook, then
exporting into a CSV (or the format of your choice) for further
manipulation.

Josh

  By Date           By Thread