Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Testing procedures for a good WiFi card
From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 23:34:59 +0100

2009/5/5 Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek at irongeek.com>:
Hi All,
???? Since it can be a pain to find a good WiFi card, what with vendors
changing chip sets so often, I thought maybe should do a video on selecting
a good card. For example, you are thinking of buying a used one from a
friend, but wish for an easy way to test it first. What would be good
testing procedures should I run them through?

It may be basic but show how to check what chipset it is using. If you
need a certain driver, say madwifi-ng then you will only be interested
in atheros chipsets. I've had a few support requests asking why the
madwifi drivers won't work and I have to point out they have a Prism54
chipset.

Robin

  By Date           By Thread