Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Protecting Yourself On Potentially Hostile Networks presentation
From: irongeek at irongeek.com (Adrian Crenshaw)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 10:56:50 -0400

This is a presentation I gave for the Kentuckiana ISSA on May 8th, 2009. It
covers the basics of protecting yourself when using open WiFi on a
potentially hostile networks, most notable Hacker cons, but also coffee
shops, libraries, airports and so forth. Topics include: open file shares,
unneeded services, sniffing and evil twin attacks. The talk is based on the
Hacker Con HiJinx tri-fold I wrote awhile back.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/hacker-con-hostile-networks-louisville-issa

It gave me a chance to test out my new recording rig, but I have to figure
out something to do to get better audio sync.

Thanks to Larry for letting me use his picture in the presentation. :)

Adrian