Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

wlan2eth useage
From: irongeek at irongeek.com (Adrian Crenshaw)
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 18:01:42 -0400

Hi all,
     I assume many of you know of Josh Wright's tool wlan2eth. Many tools
can take raw ethernet pcap files, but not 802.11 dumps, so being able to
convert would be a big help. I did a capture using the following commands:

airmon-ng start ra0 11
tcpdump -s 0 -w test.pcap

I take a look at the pcap file and it looks like 802.11 frames, with some
non management stuff like arp and upnp, but when I use wlan2eth all I get is
this:

root at box# wlan2eth delme.pcap decoded.pcap
Converted 0 packets.

and an empty pcap file. Any ideas.

Adrian