Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

SMB Security Event Management Tool
From: supermegatron at gmail.com (Jonathan Moore)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:14:58 -0500

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Chris Merkel <cmerkel at gmail.com> wrote:
Q1 has a free log management engine - as long as you're taking in less than
50 events per second, you should be good:

http://www.q1labs.com/qradar-slim-fe/

I was looking over their site, and this struck me as kind of odd and
possibly a deal breaker in using it..

"The software cannot be used in conjunction with any other log
management or SIEM product "

Now, I understand it's for a SMB, but still.  If I choose to use their
product, am I now legally not allowed to use any other event
management software?  That's crazy..  Hopefully, I'm just reading that
wrong.

-jon

  By Date           By Thread