Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Opinions on GFI LANguard
From: raffi at flossyourmind.com (Raffi Jamgotchian)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 08:21:21 -0400

I've used it in a past life. It's prone to false positives but I
haven't seen false reporting of open ports before

----
Raffi

On May 15, 2009, at 10:01 PM, Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek at irongeek.com>
wrote:

I've been playing with GFI LANguard. I did a scan of one of my
boxes, and it say I have something like 19 different "Open ports
commonly used by Trojans". I did an "nmap -p 0-65535" and did not
find and of the ports open that LANGuard reported. I plan to do an
AV sweap next, but does anyone have any experiance with LANGuard? Is
it prone to false positives?

Thanks,
Adrian