Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Encryption/Protection for USB storage media
From: infolookup at gmail.com (infolookup at gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 12:04:03 +0000

Hello All;

Since its so common to loose an external hard drive or usb thumb drive I am looking into a semi-simple solution for my
executives that can allow them to encrypt there usb storage media this way its a bit harder for someone once its lost
or stolen.

I have tried installing truecrypt on there usb device then create the secure volume with the extra space,however since
the installation directory and password authentication all occurs on the same usb device is it possible to recover
parts or the entire  password from the device once its in the attackers hands?

What are others using?

Thank you,

  By Date           By Thread