Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Need for college, verses formal training and certifications, in the security field.
From: Matt Wallace <lists () truthisfreedom org uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:42:06 +0100

On Tuesday 28 Sep 2010 15:08:00 Dan McGinn-Combs wrote:
http://www.linuxmint.com/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
http://www.archlinux.org/
http://www.gentoo.org/
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

Meh, Gentoo is only crazy-fun these days if you do a Stage1 install and
compiler the compiler to bootstrap the system... ;)

Having said that I'd recommend Gentoo/LFS to anyone who wants to learn Linux -
it sure taught me a hell of a lot a few years back when I was first getting
started...

M.