mailing list archives
regex for default Windows AD password complexity
From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 12:53:27 +0100
I'm building an extra check for Pipal and want to check for password
complexity, specifically that defined by Windows AD.
I've not dug into it to far but from what I can tell this is the default:
- Passwords cannot contain the user’s account name or parts of the
user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
- Passwords must be at least six characters in length.
- Passwords must contain characters from three of the following four
1. English uppercase characters (A through Z).
2. English lowercase characters (a through z).
3. Base 10 digits (0 through 9).
4. Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %).
I can't check the first bullet but I can do the rest.
Can anyone confirm that this is the default set up?
Does anyone have a regex that covers this? I can write one but may as well
reuse an existing tested one.
Does anyone have any other default complexity policies that it would be
Pauldotcom mailing list
Pauldotcom () mail pauldotcom com
Main Web Site: http://pauldotcom.com
- regex for default Windows AD password complexity Robin Wood (Apr 09)