Home page logo
/

pauldotcom logo PaulDotCom mailing list archives

[Security Weekly] monitoring google index
From: George Moore <rootmoore () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:37:13 -0400

Greetings,
Indiana University recently disclosed a breach where SSN among other things appeared on search engines such as google.

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on how to monitor search engine indexes. Ideally I would like email when
new pages appear for a queries like:

site:mydomain.com FTP
site:mydomain.com ssn
site:mydomain.com filetype:xls password

I recall google alerts doing this years ago but it looks like they took the ability to search the web away and only
provide google news and blogs.

Thanks!
Rootmoore