Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] ios/cisco packet sniffer...
From: Seth Georgion <sgeorgion () ECLOSER COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 11:25:48 -0800

I'm not sure if this is relevent but if the question is how to Packet Sniff
in a cisco routed switched environment then we always just dump all of our
traffic into a single 3548. Then we build VLAN's for everything, then output
each port to a SPAN port than dump all those SPAN ports to a hub which
forwards everything to a router that points to our back-office via a Point
to Point. Seems to work really well.

Seth Georgion
Information Security
E-Closer