Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Looking for slides
From: Ed Lamaster <ipnetsecure () fastpointcom com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:15:28 -0800

About 6 months ago I stumbled on a Powerpoint presentation that had some interesting information about how long it took
a stock RedHat box (think it was 5.2, but I might be wrong) to be discovered and completely compromised on a university
network.  My recollection was that the total time elapsed was around 3 or 4 months.

I've been looking "everywhere" for these slides, but haven't been able to find them.  I believe they would be very
useful for convincing the clueless about just how vulnerable they are.

Anyone know the slides I'm referring to and where I can find them?

Thanks in advance...

Ed Lamaster   ipnetsecure () fastpointcom com