Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Noisy ou stealthy ?
From: andy lowton <andy () DRAGONFLY DEMON CO UK>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:55:27 +0000

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, "Greg" == Greg wrote

  Greg> Why not try both, start quiet and get noisier. Using that approach
  Greg> you can also measure the client's incident response handling. That is
  Greg> assuming they notice it at all ;)

Heh, yeah I did a firewall test using (amongst other things) a full -sT scan. I
rang the client and was at great pains to explain to him that I could have been
much more stealthy. He said, that they hadn't noticed me at all!!

Wouldn't be so bad, but it was a bank.

Cheers

andy

E-Mail: andy () dragonfly demon co uk