Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Disaster Recovery
From: Tony Tony <tony572000 () HOTMAIL COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:01:36 GMT

Members

Does anyone know of a list serve that specializes in discussions related to
Disaster Recovery of mainframe/client-server systems. Seems like when we
think of IT security, disaster recovery is just not the current hot topic.
However, with the rapid deployment of national computer applications that
integrate with multiple data centers,  extranets, ISP's, VPN's, etc..how do
you plan for disaster recovery??  To me, this is just as big of a computer
security risk, as someone breaking into your computer systems. Has it become
to complex?  Are we just playing down the issue?  In the old days with
mainframe computers it was pretty straight forward..however today..different
story.

In my current job, I am a firewall administrator and also head up a team for
the deployment of intrusion detection and penetration security tools.  I am
still baffled that no one in IT seems to care much about disaster recovery.
Maybe, I am just not hanging out with the right types of IT folks.  However,
I have worked for a number of companies and disaster recovery, just does not
seem to be an important issue when you think about computer security.