Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Your Thoughts
From: Alfred Huger <ah () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:16:53 -0800

Hey folks,

I wanted to bounce a question off the list (for my own personal
gratification) today. The last several months I have come across some
companies which seem to be commercially developing applications for
actually breaking into machines/networks, think scanners which actually go
*all* the way for you.

These tools I suspect will be commercially supported items for sale to
governments and consulting agencies. My questions are:

1. As pen testers would you buy a tool like this provided it worked and
worked well?

2. Do you think this idea will fly when it's brought to market?

3. Does this bother anyone on a moral level?

I would prefer people reply directly to me as I am not performing this as
gratis market research I am simply curious as to what you folks think.

Cheers,
-al

Alfred Huger
VP of Engineering