Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] RIP & OSPF testing
From: "NetW3.COM Consulting" <netw3 () COSMOS LOD COM>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 02:26:00 -0600

Dug, I appreciate your words. I'm not actually going to *do* anything
but I want information about this topic. I am not skilled enough to
monkey around (no pun intended) with global Internet routing. Any work
I do will be on my home LAN only with potential applications for the future
if called for. The main reason I want to gain information is that I am
working on a practical for a SANS certification and want to cover routing
protocol weaknesses and intrusion detection for network infrastructure.
I don't happen to have a router on my home LAN, so someting like gated
and routed will have to be good enough. But, if I were an attacker,
and were going to focus on this area I would want to know more about
specific attacks (for instance using nemesis-rip or nemesis-ospf etc.)

Thanks
Curt

  By Date           By Thread