Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Hard-coded passwords in WINNT directory?
From: "Plague, Grandmaster" <GrandmastrPlague () AOL COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:19:29 EST

In a recent pen-test,  I discovered a different configuration for where the
sam._ file may be. Instead of winnt/system32/repair/sam._ , this system had
it's sam._ file in winnt/repair/sam._  This was the first configuration I had
seen like this. The sam._ files were intact. Just thought you might like to
give that a try.

Grandmaster Plague

  By Date           By Thread