Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Agentless Unix Host Vulnerability Scanners
From: H Carvey <keydet89 () YAHOO COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:51:09 -0000

You'll probably have to write your own.  You'd
have to support a variety of access
methods...telnet, ssh, r* commands...as well
as doing 'su'.  And of course, the commands
you use to perform certain tasks will have to
depend upon the output of 'uname -a'...

Some work...but it can be done.  Perl, anyone?

./Carv

Hi
I'm looking for an agentless vulnerability
scanner that will audit a variety
of Unix platforms, primarily Solaris.  By Host
scanner I mean that it will
audit the operating system etc given the
required logon.  By agentless I
mean you don't need to install an agent to
carry this out remotely - PSAU
isn't really an option

I'd appreciate any time you can spare in
replying

Thanks
Andy
talisker () networkintrusion co uk