Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Testing Web Apps
From: "Loschiavo, Dave" <DLoschiavo () FRCC CC CA US>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 07:04:19 -0700

I have been assigned the task of testing security on a web based, server
monitoring, product (mambant - http://www.luminate.com). I would like to
know if there are any tools out there I can use to quickly test it for the
usual host of web based problems, such as directory traversals and buffer
overruns on user supplied fields.

Also, since this is my first time hammering at a web-based app that I've not
seen before, I'd appreciate any general pointers the list can provide.

The app itself runs on NT and 2000 (and I will be testing it on both OS's,
with 2000 being remote and NT being internal). I have NT, 2000, and Linux
from which I can base my attacks.

Thanks in advance!

  By Date           By Thread