mailing list archives
[PEN-TEST] Online vuln scanner thread is dead
From: Alfred Huger <ah () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:21:59 -0700
I have recieved some really ugly posts from competitors about this thread
and I am killing the thread. Vendor cat sniping should take place off the
I will summarize some of the replies I killed.
1. Marketing for this product is touting it as new technology as where it
2. People are concerned about a 3rd party having logsof their vulns.
3. A number of people mailed gushing support for the product.
4. Two people who I think compete with them mailed gushing vitriole.
Points 3 and 4 don't really need any comments. Point 1 is a pretty
standard observation - marketing is marketing and rarely reflects
reality. Point 2 is moot. If someone signs up for this (and they have I
assume) they obviously do not care so why should you?
VP of Engineering
- [PEN-TEST] Online vuln scanner thread is dead Alfred Huger (Sep 14)