Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] NAT / Stateful Packet Inspection Questions
From: Dug Song <dugsong () MONKEY ORG>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:22:45 -0400

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Leon Rosenstein wrote:

Is there anyway to circumvent this firewall (or any firewalls that employ
NAT and SPI as there primary defense mechanisms?)

sure, see our recent analysis of Check Point FireWall-1:

        http://www.dataprotect.com/bh2000/

other stateful inspection firewalls (like Cisco PIX) or firewalls with VPN
support probably have similar problems. we just didn't have access to any
others for testing...

-d.

---
http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/