Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: cracking cisco passwords
From: Damiano Scrigni <damio () emaze net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:05:50 +0200

http://www.alcrypto.co.uk/cisco/
http://www.ladysharrow.ndirect.co.uk/library/Exploits/router/ciscocrack.c

seem to be pretty easy to crack cisco passwords...

bye,
damio

Jason binger(cisspstudy () yahoo com)@Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 06:48:48PM -0700:
I am currently performing a penetration test and
managed to pull down the config using a HTTP
vulnerability in the cisco interface.

How do I crack the following password gained from the
following line of the config?

enable secret 5 $1$6Je2$MurE4FTzoZjQShRW4Ui9H0

(the password has been changed)

Jason

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

  By Date           By Thread