Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

john the ripper
From: Giacomo <badgiaco () supereva it>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:52:18 +0100

Hi all

I am tryning to crack cisco md5 password.
Currently I am using a Athlon XP2500barton at 2300mhz, after 17days john continue to crack at 3800c/s (it started at 4500c/s). I am asking myself and all of you what is the best system (hardware) to crack md5 password.
I am thinking that the best way Is the powerfull (mhz) i386 in commerce.
I've tried OpenMosix with 4 p500 nodes with john and cisilia, but without lucky results.
The sun 280 (dual 64bits cpu at 900mhz) go to a poor 900c/s

which is you reference system to use john on md5 password ?

Giacomo