Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Controling Segment Contents in TCP Stream
From: Bernd Jendrissek <berndj () prism co za>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:25:38 +0200

In article <20030611175204.GA55615 () blossom cjclark org> "Crist J. Clark" <crist.clark () attbi com> wrote:
I am looking for a simple tool that I can use to control how TCP data
is split up among segments. I can't seem to figure out how to coax
Netcat into doing this.

Type: U S E R <space> ^D

The ^D causes netcat's read(2) to return the characters it already has.

You might also try stty -icanon for character-by-character reading in
netcat.