Home page logo
/

pen-test logo Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Question regarding a Nessus scan
From: El C0chin0 <mr.nasty () ix netcom com>
Date: 28 Jan 2004 19:41:24 -0000

I ran a Nessus scan against a Unix box.  Some how it appears that it invoked a service running ufsd.  Has anyone come
across this before?

ufsdump is a service running at startup.  I'm not real sure what it does but I was curious why all of a sudden it
begins showing up in my logs as a security incident.

Before running Nessus, the service never bothered us, now after running Nessus it appears in our logs.  It's like the
service wants to starts but then hangsup as if it times out.

Anyone have any ideas?

I hope this is the right forum...